Houndridge Leisure (“we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We collect and process personal data about you to provide the services you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect your personal information when you:
· Contact us by telephone or email and ask us for more information about our facilities and membership, or contact us with a question or complaint;
· When you visit or browse our website and complete the contact form;
· When you book an induction with our freelance personnel trainer;
· You have an accident in our gym or there was an incident where you were a witness or personally affected.
We may also collect, information about you from other organisations such as Google.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
The information we collect is required for the purpose of creating your Membership Account and for you to enrol at Houndridge Leisure. Such information allows you to be identified as a member of Houndridge Leisure and includes:
• Name, age category, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number and health declaration;
• Your usage records and duration of visits;
• Your contact with us, by email or phone or in person;
• Your membership information – such as dates of payment owed and received, the services you use, and any other information related to your account.
HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
We will use your personal information to provide you with the services, or information that you have requested, for administration purposes. The freelance personnel trainer at Houndridge Leisure carries out a confidential initial fitness consultation and also obtains your personal details for the membership form. Consultation forms are held securely in a locked file by the personnel trainer and only used to assess the client’s fitness and suitability for gym membership and to set a fitness programme. Consultation information is not passed to Houndridge Leisure or any third party. The membership form is processed by Houndridge Leisure. We may use your information on the Membership form to:
• Process your membership application;
• Keep you informed about our services including operational matters relating to your Membership;
• Respond to any questions or concerns you might have about our services;
• Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes;
• Carry out research and statistical analysis to monitor how customers use our services.
We’ll store your information for as long as you are a Member of Houndridge Leisure, to meet legal requirements including financial audit, anti-fraud and money laundering regulations. We will store your information for no more than 6 years from the last activity on the account. An ‘activity’ can be classified as access into a gym, a payment made on the membership. On cancellation of your membership if you wish to remove your consent please contact us by email and we will remove all information that is not required for financial or legal purposes.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have robust systems in place to secure our clients’ information and take appropriate measures to ensure that the information we collect and maintain is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
Communications over the internet (such as emails) aren’t secure unless they’ve been encrypted. We can’t accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that’s beyond our control.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
WILL WE DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
We may share information about you with:
We’ll release information if it’s reasonable for the purpose of protecting us against fraud, defending our rights or property, or to protect the interests of our customers.
THIRD PARTY TRACKING
We use tools such as Google Analytics for collecting personal data about our website visitor’s online activities over time and across different web sites for marketing purposes. This is so we can ensure our website gives you the best possible experience. For more information and how to opt out from this please visit our cookies policy.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You have the following rights in relation to your data privacy:
• Access. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.
• Rectification: If you believe we’re holding inaccurate information about you, or your personal details change,
• Erasure. You have the right to the erasure of the data we hold on you, when it is no longer needed for the purposes of your Membership, or when you withdraw your consent for our processing (and we have no other lawful basis to hold your data).
• Restriction. You have the right to ask us to place restrictions on processing your data in certain circumstances.
• Notification. You have the right to be notified of any rectification, erasure or restrictions in relation to your personal data.
• Portability. You have a right to receive the data we hold on you electronically in a format that allows it to be easily transferred.
• Object. You have the right to object to data processing of your personal data for profiling purposes.
• Profiling. You have the right not to be subject to any decision based on automatic processing of your personal data.
To contact us regarding any of the above please email or write to the address above
WHAT WE COLLECT
Personal Information, submitted via our website by e-mail or electronic form, will be treated as confidential in line with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. Information which you provide us with will not be used in any way other than for its original purpose. Houndridge Leisure will process your personal data to carry its business functions, e.g. to, maintain a register of members, manage bookings, emergency contact details.
Details of the data sets we hold, retention period, purpose for processing -see Date Processing below.
Houndridge Leisure collect only personal data which is required to fulfil our business functions relating to your booking or membership. Personal data is held only as long as necessary and is kept to a minimum to meet business requirements.
We only keep your information if you become a member. Your personal details are kept up whilst you are a member and on cancellation of membership we keep your file open for one year and thereafter only information necessary for legal purposes i.e. accounting purposes is kept. We do not store information on general enquiries.
Personal Data held may include some or all of the following: your name, address, email address, telephone number, bank account details, age/ date of birth. We also keep a contact number for next of kin in case of an emergency. This information is required for processing your membership.
If you have any queries about this Privacy Notice, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by writing to the address below:
Houndridge Leisure Club, Houndridge, Kelso, TD5 7QN
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Our Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information. We will regularly review and where necessary update this privacy notice to reflect the way in which we process and protect your data. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.